The BIO5 Media Facility offers consistently high-quality research materials at significant cost savings.
A diverse customer base of university researchers, bioindustry, and educational institutions allows us to purchase bulk quantities for savings of up to 88% over competitor's pricing.
Our products can help to improve efficiency, strengthen grant applications and fulfillment, and move to patents faster.
As the only Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) qualified media facility on campus, the BIO5 Media Facility provides microbiological media, plant tissue culture media, buffers, custom mammalian cell culture media, and other formulations tailored to your specific research needs. Contact us for pricing on your specialty media.
- Select from more than 150 products.
- Orders are fulfilled within 48-72 hours.
- High-volume automated plate pouring: 1000 agar plates per hour.
- GLP-qualified: Consistent high quality, batch-to-batch reproducibility, complete product documentation, lot traceability, and confidence in our products.
Two ordering options for UA researchers:
- Order through our punchout catalog on Shop Catalogs via UAccess Financials
Place orders through our ordering website: keating.bio5.org/media-store:
- Log in with your NetID and immediately place orders with an established account.
- If you do not have a BIO5 Media Facility account, log in with your NetID to view pricing and apply for an account.
All UA campus orders will be delivered or you may make arrangements to pick up your order at the Thomas W. Keating Bioresearch Building at 1657 E. Helen Street.
Our Convenience Refrigerator is located on the Keating Building ground floor, SE corner. We offer 24/7 access to commonly-used products. Apply for building access at https://access.bio5.org.
Bioindustry and Educational Customers: Order by phone, fax, or email. Pay by check or PO. We offer convenient free parking at either our UA campus or Oro Valley locations.
Collaborate with our laboratory experts to enhance the quality of your experiments or production:
- Experimental Design
- Custom media formulations
Contact us today.
Phone (520) 626-3098
Fax (520) 626-4824
Dena Yoder, BIO5 Media Facility Manager, has more than 20 years of experience in microbiology, molecular biology and cell culture support services.